Jul 5, 2011

Found Treasures...

So one of my favorite things to do is to find treasures.  Miss Evelyn and I were beach-combing down in the Florida Keys for whatever and we came across an abandoned kayak that was halfway sunk into the sand.  I was STOKED and immediately got to work digging it out of the sand.  Evelyn kept strolling the beach as I struggled to get the sand out of the hull (there were cracks in the kayak where sand had poured in).

    It took about 45 minutes of a good struggle, but I finally got all the sand out and got it floating!
 Evy and I took it for a little paddle out just as the sun was going down.  We passed a few fisherman that were getting their lobster traps ready for the season.  Our newly found kayak had a few leaks, but we managed to make it out to the Florida Bay, where we had a nice clear view of the West.

In my mind, the adventures that are cultivated from nothing but an adventurous and receptive mind are some of the best.

Here was a little reward for the energy that went into salvaging the kayak from the sand...
A beautiful sunset!  We had no means of transporting it back to Miami, so now some lucky person has a kayak to mess around with down in the keys.  Easy come easy go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment